Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
Alan was first seen arguing with his wife Kathy in the Entrance Plaza in the Introduction. He blamed her for their present predicament. She then accused him of infidelity, and he replied he couldn't wait to see the look on her face when the zombies get her. When the zombies broke into the plaza, he attempted to defend himself with a 2" x 4" and head for the stairs, but was killed before he could reach safety.
- Alan is the one of the few survivors that fight back during the zombie break in.
- In the beta version of Dead Rising, Alan was featured in a scoop called A Woman With Secrets, and was found in McHandy's Hardware with another woman named Rachel. 
- Alan is scripted to follow Kathy, who is scripted to head for the stairs during the zombie break in. However, sometimes she may only do this when shoved in some way either by Frank or a zombie. If Alan is forced away from Kathy (i.e. via Hammer Throw attack), he will quickly rush back to her side whether she is still alive or not, sometimes mumbling "Sounds too hard..."
- In the event the two actually do make it to the stairs, they will stop halfway up and, and despite being safe, will still be classed as Dead in the notebook. Further information: Introduction (Entrance_Plaza)#Rescuing Alan and Kathy
- Despite their argument, Alan and Kathy are the only pair to remain close to each other after the zombies break in. Argument:
- Alan: Dammit every time i come shopping with you, something happens to raise my blood pressure.
- Kathy: What do you mean, every time, you don't even come home most nights, let alone take me shopping.
- Alan: So I work for a living.
- Kathy: Work, huh is that what you call that Hankie Pankie with that big-titted secretary, now?
- Alan: Oh please what the hell does that have to do with anything?
- Kathy: Listen to you, every time something goes wrong you have to raise your voice. I never should have married you.
- Alan: Want to split up then? Sounds Great. I can't wait to see the look on your face when the zombies eat you, it will be hilarious.
- Kathy: "That's my line buster."
- Though Alan said in his argument with his wife that he would enjoy seeing her get eaten by zombies, when the zombies breach the mall he follows his wife and if she is killed stands near her body, not moving and looking horrified.