This combo weapon has been described as:
- "If your aim is terrible, you may want to consider the Boomstick. Stab a zombie with the pitchfork to keep them in place, and blast them with the shotgun to, well, not keep them in place."
Attacks and Combo CardEdit
Weapon component locationsEdit
Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero general locations of weapons needed to make the Boomstick.
|Pitchfork|| The Dirty Drink (1)
Big Buck Hardware (∞)
- In Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, psychopath Jed Wright carries this weapon. He can aim and use the shotgun as a firearm, unlike Chuck who cannot use the shotgun function without stabbing a zombie first.
- The image to in the infobox shows that the shotgun has a stock, but in gameplay it does not.
- The Boomstick has 30 shotgun rounds instead of the 20 the original shotgun has.
- This weapon cannot be aimed like conventional guns, instead it is thrown. If a zombie is killed using this method, the gun will register as if a shot had been fired, and will still reward you 200 prestige points.
- If Chuck tries to attack survivors or psychopaths with this weapon, he will only stab them with the pitchfork of the gun. The shotgun never fires, merely causes a bit of damage, and will actually start to degrade or break, even if the player has several shots left.
- The Boomstick is likely a reference to the movie Army of Darkness from 1992. Ash describes his shotgun as "Boom Stick" to the people who never saw a firearm before. In Simpsons Season 9, Episode 25 from 1997, a shotgun with a pitchfork tied to it can be seen, too, when the farmer hears noise coming from his barn.
- The Boomstick gives the most PP out of all combo weapons: its heavy attack gives 2500 PP, making it great for getting lots of PP in a short time.
- The Boomstick was featured in "Monster Hunter: Frontier" as an available weapon. Those who bought a japanese copy of "Dead Rising 2" were given either a redeemable Xbox360/PC code to receive it.
- Is referred to as "PitchForkShotgun" in the items.txt.
|Animation name||Animation shared with|
|male_attack_Shotgun (Dead Rising 2)pitchfork_miss||
Unique to Boomstick
|male_attack_Shotgun (Dead Rising 2)pitchfork_miss_quick
Template:! Unique to Boomstick
|rj_GX7pCumI|300|left|Dead Rising 2 Boomstick Gameplay}}||SkDyTYrfwVI|300|left|Boomstick}}|
- ↑ Frushtick, Russ. 'Dead Rising 2' Combo Weapons Guide - Duct Tape Is Your Friend, MTV. (August 31, 2010).