|Dead Rising Skills||Dead Rising 2 Skills||Off the Record Skills||Dead Rising 3 Skills|
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
As Frank levels up in Dead Rising, he'll learn new skills and moves. Below is a list of all of the 21 moves available to Frank.
Leveling is a system by which the player can increase Frank's talents and attributes. You can level up by obtaining numerous PP points throughout the game, either by killing a certain amount of zombies, taking pictures, especially Photo Ops, or by doing other things in the game. Leveling effects Health, Inventory, Throw, Skills, Speed, and Attack. If you get to level 50 in the game, you will get the Level Max achievement.
As Frank levels up he learns new skills. What Frank earns as he levels up is different for each game file. For example, Player One may have a health block and the Jump Kick by level 5, while Player Two has an inventory slot and the Zombie Ride by level 5. It is different for everyone and there is no set level for each skill.
List of MovesEdit
|Name||Level available||Exact game description||Prestige|
This skill allows you to quickly thrust a hand inside a zombie's body and yank out their putrid organs.
Push toward a zombie from the front while simultaneously pressing and Template:A.
Utilize Frank's upper body strength by extending both arms and spinning in place rapidly to knock down surrounding enemies with this skill. Frank will lose his grip on any equipped weapon or item as the Double Lariat is finishing, so it's best to have your hands empty while performing it.
This skill allows you to grab a zombie by the scruf of the neck and smash its face into the ground.
Press and Template:A simultaneously while pushing toward a zombie from behind.
Ultimate Evasion Skill.
You are invincible at the beginning of this move, but the end will leave you open for a moment.
Make use of Frank's burly physique with this fierce tackle skill.
Press Template:A while clicking .
Grab a zombie by its rotten ankles and take it for a spin with this over the top skill.
Stand near a fallen zombie's feet and press and Template:A simultaneously.
This skill allows you to grab a zombie and give them a good shove.
Press and Template:A simultaneously while standing at a zombie's side.
This powerful skill calls on the art of Judo and takes out a zombie with style.
This skill allows you to kick during jumps. It is useful in clearing a path through crowds of zombies.
|Karate Chop||Template:Star||30, 42|
A properly trained fist is more powerful than any blade. This incredible skill demonstrates the ancient art of karate at its most brutal.
Skill used for evading zombies.
Make zombies eat dirt by bringing your knee crashing down on them with incredible force.
Frank can also use this skill to fall without damage.
Lift a zombie and give them a toss with this skill.
While facing a zombie, simultaneously press and Template:A without pushing . Then, press again to throw the zombie forward.
This skill allows you to grab a zombie's head and give it a brutal twist.
Stand near the head of a fallen zombie and press and Template:A simultaneously.
Avoid Zombie attacks with this skill.
Unleashes a powerful kick just as you land.
Called Roundhouse in Off the Record.
This skill allows you to unleash a kick so powerful that it can decapitate a zombie in one hit.
Press Template:A to jump, then immediately press .
Grab your opponent and send them flying.
Facing a standing enemy's back, simultaneously press and Template:A without pushing .
Use your momentum from kicking off a wall to deliver a punishing kick to zombies with this skill.
This skill allows you to climb on unsuspecting zombies. You can even walk along the top of zombie crowds.
Press Template:A while pushing toward nearby standing zombies.
Called Zombie Hop in Off the Record.
- Doing the Giant Swing move for too long leaves Frank dizzy.[Verification needed]
- A zombie walk is an actual event, where people dress up as zombies and walk into the streets, sometimes for charity. Many movies also had their characters do a Zombie Walk.
- When jumping off a high place, do a Knee Drop to avoid any damage.
- Most of the skills can also be used against survivors.
- The Somersault Kick is a signature move used by Guile in Capcom's Street Fighter series of video games, whereas the Double Lariat is an attack used by Zangief.
- ↑ The exact game description is the exact wording as it appears on the "status" screen. Italicized information does not appear on the status screen.
- ↑ Prestige Point bonus for each zombie
- ↑ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u xbox360, www16.plala.or.jp (Japanese).
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames.
- ↑ a b c d e f g h Dead Rising: Saint Achievement Walkthrough, GameFAQs, (December 17, 2009).
- General information
- Dead Rising Overview, Mycheats, (Various dates). Five pages of hints and user submitted content.
- Items lists and maps
- CyberMike's Interactive Map, Newcenstein.
- Items List, Cheat Happens.
- Faididi, Dead Rising Mall Map & Item Locations FAQ, IGN, (2006).
- Dead Rising Shopping Compliation, Giant Bomb, (2008).
- Dead Rising Compilation of FAQs and Guides, xbox.com.
- Giest, Dead Rising: Book Guide GameFAQs, (August 16, 2006).
- Food lists
Food and excellent shake chart, Help Me With My Game Problems.Broken, archive.org
- Smoothies, My Cheats (1up.com).
- Infinity Mode
- Weapons lists
- Dead Rising: Items Guide, GameFAQs, (March, 2008).
- Dead Rising: Weapon Guide, GameFAQs, (November 2, 2006).
- Malcom, Dead Rising Hidden Moves FAQ, IGN, (September 13, 2006).
- Dead Rising - XB360/Scoops, Wikicheats.
- Dead Rising Unofficial guide, SuperCheats.com. [PDF]
- Dead Rising FAQ/Walkthrough, IGN, (February 25, 2007).