[[Fire AxeTemplate:!Fire Axe]]
[[Sledge HammerTemplate:!Fire Axe]]
It can be made immediately after receiving access to the first maintenance room (via a Scratch Card combo) by taking a fire axe from the safe house, and by picking up a sledge hammer from around the corner from the Maintenance Room. It is before the doors to the mall.
This combo weapon has been described as:
- "Imagine a bat with the head of an axe and the head of a sledgehammer both positioned on the business end. Smacking something with that is not going to leave much in the way of solids."
Attacks and Combo CardEdit
Weapon component locationsEdit
Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero general locations of weapons needed to make the Defiler.
|Fire Axe|| Fortune City Arena Green Rooms
Fortune City Arena Main Floor
|Sledge Hammer|| Big Buck Hardware (∞)
Brockett Gas Station
- This weapon's secondary (Combo Card) attack is a reference to another Capcom game. In the Monster Hunter franchise, when the player's character uses a hammer-type weapon's fully charged attack whilst running, the character performs a spinning attack almost identical to the defiler's; spinning around with the weapon extended and moving forward slowly.
- Tape It Or Die blogger Wallace Hertzog came up with the idea of the defiler, according to fellow blogger Johnny Pipes. This was while the four bloggers were hiding in KokoNutz Sports Town after the Fortune City Outbreak:
- "Wallace, bless his heart, is still all up-in-up. Trying to build the best weapon. It's so cute. He actually came up with something pretty good today. Simple, too. An axe and a sledgehammer. Put together. Makes sense if you think about it. Both axes and sledges only really face in two directions. Front and back. But what about the sides. Well, Wallace basically squigged the two together (that's a technical term). Now you have a four-directional zombie-whacker! Looks pretty good in action, too!"
- "Only thing I don't like is the name. "The Defiler". Ech. Sounds like the pipe system on Waters Avenue back in Costa Mesa. That was defiled."
- "But good work, Wally! Nicely done! Johnny Pipes is proud."
|Animation name||Animation shared with|
|hh3PMGA2bBo|300|left|Dead Rising 2 Defiler Gameplay}}||FkFz068mjNE|300|left|Defiler tape it or die capcom video }}|
- ↑ Frushtick, Russ. 'Dead Rising 2' Combo Weapons Guide - Duct Tape Is Your Friend, MTV. (August 31, 2010).
- ↑ Kilpatrick, Johnny. I've Got a Beautiful Feeling! Everything's Going My Way!, Tape It Or Die, (September 17, 2010).