|Dick||Dick Jones (Case Zero)|
After bringing the motorbike back to the garage, Chuck finds Dick on top of a white van in the street, surrounded by zombies and shouting for help. After Chuck reaches the elderly man, he asks him to be brought to his pawnshop. Once the number of hungry zombies clawing at the van have been thinned, he will start heading to his store.
After Dick has been returned safely to the pawnshop, he offers to sell Chuck clues relating to the locations of certain bike parts. In addition to selling hints, he sells weapons, Zombrex and a $5,000 motorbike wheel.
Dick is crucial in escaping from Still Creek as he has the only wheel in town needed for the motorbike. If he is killed, then Chuck fails his overall mission and the game is over.
Dick: Hey, Buddy! Can you help me out? Thanks, friend. I'm the owner of the local pawnshop. Do you think you could help me get back there? I'll open the shop for you if you help me out. Talk to me when you're ready to go. Let's get a move on. Thanks for keeping me safe. I own this pawnshop. I know you helped me out but I can't just give things away from free. Maybe I'll give you a good deal. Ok, let's go.
Dick: Thanks for getting me out of that mess. Is there anything you need from my store?
Chuck: My bike is broken down. I'm looking for some parts.
Dick: I got a wheel for sale here in the shop. It will cost ya. I might have a lead on some other bike parts. And I'm afraid that info won't come cheap. I appreciate you saving me, but I still gotta make ends meet. So, is my information about bike parts worth your money?
- Dick Jones is the only survivor to not reside in the safe house after being rescued. Instead, he takes refuge in his shop, safe behind a chain link fence. As a result, his status in Chuck's Notebook is always listed as Located. However, he is included in the count of survivors saved.
- Dick shares a similar character model with Bill Montagu, though the colors and pattern have been changed.
- While atop the van Dick says:
- "Someone must be alive in this shit place."
- "Somebody? any-damn-body!"
- "Anybody out there? Dang it."
- "I need my pills!"
- "I need some damn help here!"
- "Dammnit, hello!"
- "Whose the hell out there?"
- "If they eat me, I'll give em gas!"
- "Oh these zombies today."
- "Oh these zombie brats."