|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3|
There are four types of guitars:
The acoustic guitar may cause more damage, while the electric guitar is a bit faster as its recovery time is about half of the Acoustic's.
While all of the guitars are effectively the same, each type has a different set of animations for their attacks. The Acoustic Guitar has sort of a "stabbing" motion in front of Frank.
- Primary: Tap the Template:Xbutton button to swing the electric guitar. Tap the Template:Xbutton button in succession to perform a three hit combo, by swinging the electric guitar right, left, then in a circular spin.
- Secondary: Hold down the Template:Xbutton button to swing the electric guitar in a circular spin.
- Thrown: Hold down the Template:Rtrigger trigger to go into aim mode and press the Template:Xbutton button to throw the electric guitar.
- There is two types Flying V Electric Guitar and Stratocaster Electric Guitar. The official guide also lists two types of electric guitars.
- When the electric guitar hits a target, it will emit sounds made by an electric guitar even though it is not plugged in.
- ↑ Dead Rising: Weapon Guide, GameFAQs, (November 11, 2006).
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 114 Electric Guitar #1 and #2